FENCE BUYER'S GUIDE: ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
I want you to make a well-informed buying decision for your fence project. So I created a list of 24 questions to guide your project. The issues reflect a high commitment to project and industry standards.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
When receiving a fence estimate, ask or observe...
Did the builder...?
- Act professionally and arrive on time?
- Listen to your wishes, concerns, and needs?
- Plan to personally supervise the fence project?
- Have a written agreement stating all details of the fence job?
- Have a clear diagram of the fence location in relation to your home and neighbors?
- Explain in writing which items and procedures
that are included in the final price?
- Offer material options with price breakdowns?
- Provide an itemized detail of the price if requested?
- Require a reasonable down payment not greater than 1/3 of the total quote?
- Offer at least a one year written warranty?
- Have written testimonials from past clients?
- Have a list of references that you may contact on your own?
- Have a clear reputation on the internet and in local chamber of commerce?
- Have a license as required by your state, city, or county?
- Plan to acquire appropriate city and county permits for your fence?
- Use only eligible workers to construct your fence?
- Notify utilities for easement clearances and work-order waivers?
- Possess required liability insurance coverage?
- Explain how long the fence will take to complete?
- Know the covenants and standards for fences in your subdivision and city?
- Have a plan to establish the fence within property bounds?
- Have a procedure for measuring the contours of your property in order to adjust the fence height?
- Have a plan and procedure for waste removal and cleanup at the conclusion of the job?
- Have a plan for how he will respect your home, your family, and neighbors?